- Lucius. I have been taken up with this band lately — playing their albums non-stop! They are an indie pop band based in Brooklyn, NYC. The voices of the two female lead singers simply give me butterflies. They were both voice majors at Berklee College of Music, so yes, they are pretty darn talented (ilovelucius.com)
- C. Booth 4-in-1 Vanilla Butter Body Lotion. I have always dealt with dry skin, so I’m always on the hunt for a lotion I like. This month I have been making my way through the C. Booth lotion (cruelty-free and paraben / sulfate / petroleum free!!). It smells so yummy, yet not an overwhelming vanilla-y scent, just perfectly sweet and subtle (C. Booth Lotion).
- Soothing Touch Vanilla Chai Lip Balm. I’ve found it very hard to find a natural lip balm, that I like, that does not contain beeswax. This is the one lip balm I have found that is entirely vegan and I use it religiously. It is largely organic (fyi, any and all beauty products I use are cruelty-free and largely natural). I don’t go anywhere without this little guy (I seem to always personify inanimate objects…?) in my pocket! (soothingtouch.com).
- Levi jeans. While I am a minimalist and don’t own a whole lot of clothes, my old Levi items are my favorites. One jean jacket, one pair of pants, and two pairs of shorts. All second hand. I love second hand because: 1. it is more ethical (ie. recycling clothes), and 2. it is already lived in and super duper comfy. No need to wear in clothing when it has already been done by a previous owner. My Levi’s have soft, flexible, sturdy denim. I’ve got to have my Levi’s (currently wearing a pair of Levi shorts as I am writing this). I highly recommend checking out local thrift stores if you are in need of some new clothes, books, jewelry, house items, etc!
- Baggy black tee’s. I have really been enjoying browsing thrift stores lately and somehow my wardrobe has ended up with 98% of my t-shirts being black… (which I am lovin’ !) Once I realized this little fact, I felt like the phrase “I like black tee’s” was very obvious; therefore, they made my favorites list.
- Coffee. Local Cafés. My favorite place to spend time at are easily cafés. The aroma of coffee, the sweat treats, and being surrounded by the muffles of everyone’s conversations. Going to a coffee shops, especially smaller / local cafés, is one of my favorite ways to enjoy solitude.
- NadaMoo Ice Cream. Organic, fair trade, non-dairy, and remarkably creamy… I am honestly impressed by how good this ice cream is. It is a coconut milk base, yet didn’t have a strong coconut-y taste. The creamiest vegan ice cream I’ve had to date. I purchased the Maple Pecan flavor and ate it all quickly in one sitting with my girlfriend. Mmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it (nadamoo.com).
- Walking / Hiking. This favorite isn’t very specific, it’s quite a broad favorite, but I’ve really been enjoying going on walks for the sole purpose of going on a walk. Being surrounded by nature and going on hikes. Nature is a friend, a very dear friend, and I’m quite enjoying the blossoming relationship I’m forming with nature.
- On Being with Krista Tippett. I listen to a large amount of different podcasts — I’m obsessed. Especially before bed — bedtime is my favorite time to listen to podcasts. While I listen to more than just this one podcast, for this month, I’m declaring this as my favorite. Krista Tippett does interviews with different people, but simply her voice is soothing and the interviews are highly intriguing. (Can be found on the iTunes podcast store, or check out her site: onbeing.org).
- “Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.” RWE. I’m going to end off this favorites list with one of my favorite quotes of all time. While I love a large amount of Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes, I haven’t actually read many of his books, but it’s on my “to read” list (I have lists for virtually everything). This has been an all-time favorite quote of mine since I was a young teen. I love the simplicity, yet tremendous amount of truth, which is held within those six words.
Comment below with some of your favorites !!
Now, onto June! Have a lovely month!