So my girlfriend, who is also vegan, has a very busy schedule with art college. SO, I told her I would create a list of quick and easy meals (as well as vegan meal prepping) to help her out. I figured I would make this into a post to show that being vegan can be done easily and doesn’t require a great amount of time to eat healthy. Gluten does not agree with her nor do beans, so this will be a mainly low in gluten. Of course there are SOO MANY different ideas & variation for meals and snacks, but this is the meal plan I’m sending to my girlfriend for just this upcoming week and figured I would make it into a post! Also, these are things that are pretty cheap and easy to buy! (I also included a grocery list at the very bottom)
So I broke it down into breakfast, lunches to go, and dinners to have at home…
- Smoothie!! Can add variety of things in any combo… (ps: mix and match any ingredient that sounds delicous, but here are some options…)
- Green Smoothie: Spinach and/or kale, bananas, coconut oil, spirulina, water or plant-based milk.
- Pink Smoothie: Frozen berries, coconut oil, water or plant-based milk.
- Brown Smoothie: Cocoa or cacao powder, nut butter of your choice, bananas, water or plant-based milk.
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie: Cocoa or cacao powder, nut butter of your choice, bananas, frozen berries (specifically cherries and blueberries if you have them), water or plant-based milk.
- Tip: Add chia seeds, flax seeds, soaked oats, nuts, protein powders, etc to bulk up a smoothie! (:
- Make any smoothie into a smoothie bowl!! Just don’t add as much liquid so the consistency is thicker! Add dried fruit, granola, nuts, nut butters, fruit, seeds on top! (:
- Make the gluten free banana bread (Recipe to come soon!)
- MEAL PREP: Chia Seed & Overnight Oats…
- Can make purely a chia seed pudding
- Can make purely overnight oats
- OR can combine it (my favorite)
- Make a large amount to last for a around 3-5 days. Add chia seeds, oats, cinnamon and or cacao/cocoa, water or plant-based milk. (Optional: flax seeds, protein, nuts, dried fruit). Let sit overnight.
- Every morning just scoop some out into a bowl and add some nut butter, seeds, frozen berries, bananas (whatever toppings you enjoy!)
LUNCH (On The Go!)
- MEAL PREP: Cook up a bunch of quinoa & cook a good amount of cooked potatoes (regular or sweet) to last the week. If running short on time, cook up some gluten-free pasta– it’s waaayyy quicker than quinoa!
- You can also buy some frozen veg (green beans last a good time for meal prep) and just mixed it into the quinoa to have for meals!)
- Tip: These are some main ideas, also take fruit (bananas are great), carrots, other veggies, nuts, and dried fruit for snacks and side dishes!
With that here are some ideas for lunches:
- Take chia pudding/overnight oats for lunch (:
- Quinoa Salad: In a bowl mix together some of the cold quinoa already prepared, carrots, tomatoes, greens of your choice, turmeric, and add nutritional yeast and pepper on top and enjoy! You can also add other veggies to fix your preference of any other sauce/ seasoning that you like!
- You can also do the same idea as above, but make it with gluten-free pasta instead! (:
- Pack a salad (also look at dinner options below for lunch ideas!)
- Snack Ideas:
- Carrot sticks
- Bag of trail mix (nuts and dried fruit)
- A bag of a few dates (very caloric and a good energy boost!!)
- Rice cakes with peanut butter, cinnamon, & banana!
- Popcorn (without butter) and add nutritional yeast instead!
DINNER (At Home)
- Potato & Quinoa Dinner Options:
- A Simple Way: Regular potatoes (mashed), greens, carrots, cabbage, turmeric, and nutritional yeast!
- The Mexican Way: Regular potatoes cut into pieces, on top of quinoa, with some carrots, tomatoes, salsa, turmeric, and nutritional yeast!
- The Sweet Way: Sweet potatoes, with nut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and bananas!!
- Sweet & Savory: Mash up a sweet potato with some plant-based milk to make it creamier and smoother. Add nutritional yeast and pepper OR add Sriracha/hot sauce.
- The Salad Way: Greens of your choice, top with either potato, add veggies, top with your favorite dressing and toppings (I love Sriracha/hot sauce and nutritional yeast)
- Make a BUDDAH BOWL!
- Be creative with the foods you have around the house!
- Add fermented foods…! Sauerkraut & Kimchi (as well as kombucha) have a bunch of friendly bacteria in them that will make your tummy happy (:
- Add avocados and healthy fats!
- A sauce I love to put on top, which is super easy, is just nut butter and cinnamon (thinned out with some water!) or make a simple peanut satay with peanut butter, soy sauce and maple syrup or agave!
- TIP: squeeze lemon juice on top (:
- Can also make a variation of those things with gluten-free pasta (pasta cooks a lot faster than quinoa!)
- Of course you can also make a giant smoothie or porridge for dinner as well (:
Remember there are many more options for meals and meal prepping, but those are the options for the grocery list I made below….
Grocery List For These Specific Meals:
- Cabbage (red if possible– the more colorful the food, the more nutrients!)
- Potatoes (sweet and regular)
- Frozen veg (Ex: green beans, can just cook all at once and then mix into quinoa to have for the week!)
- Other veggies of your choice
- Frozen berries
- Other fruit of your choice
- Plant-based milk
- Pick up a few RooBars to have in your bag for emergency hunger 😉
- Rice cakes
- Popcorn plain (without the fake butter)
- STOCK UP/BUY IN BULK ITEMS:
- Hot sauce/Sriracha
- Nutritional yeast (look in health food stores)
- Nuts, raisin, dates
- Rice, Quinoa, Gluten-Free Pasta
- Nut butter
- Sauerkraut & Kimchi
- Coconut oil
- Cacao/cocoa powder
- Chia/flax/any seed
- Protein powders
- Cinnamon, Pepper, Turmeric
Hope this helped! Love you, Ro! ❤