Guilt Free. Vegan. Gluten Free. Refined Sugar Free. What else could you ask for?
If you are a coconut fan, these cookies are made for you! A light, coconut, caramel, crumble in your mouth cookie. Rich in flavor, yet not too sweet. The dates (for anyone that hasn’t had them before) are like natures glorious gift of sweet caramel– All the goodness without any of the bad stuff!
This cookie is basically a (coconut & vegan) cousin of shortbread!
Coconut, Date & Dark Chocolate Cookie Recipe:
(This recipes makes Approximately five 2.5″ cookies)
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Ground Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup of Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 5 Soft, Pitted Dates Chopped Up
- A Pinch of Sea Salt
- Dark Chocolate for Topping
- Preheat Oven to 180°C (0r 355°F) and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a food processor to blend up walnuts into a walnut meal.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Once combined, mixed in the walnut meal, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- Add chopped up dates and then shape cookies in round, flat, around 2.5″ cookies on the baking sheet. These cookies will not spread or rise much and will keep the shape they are put into as dough.
- Bake the cookies for around 8-12 minutes, depending on how brown you want the cookies. While the cookies are baking, melt around two tablespoons of chocolate (or how ever much or little chocolate you want), in a bowl over a boiling pot of water.
- Let the cookies cool off, then transfer to a wire cooking rack. Dress the cookies with the chocolate (get a spoon and quickly move from left to right to get the chocolate in thin strips).
- Let the chocolate solidify and then… Enjoy ❤